- Spiritual Wellness 🙏
- Mental Wellness 🧠
- Grade 4-6
- Grade 7-9
Self-discovery is the process and journey of learning about your identity – who you are, your gifts, and the important role you play in the world.
Identify different parts of your personal identity.
- Pencil or pen
- Choose one of the following topics. In your journal, list 10 things:
- 10 things that always bring a smile to your face
- 10 things that you are grateful for
- 10 things that you are good at
- 10 big dreams you have
- 10 small things that make you happy
- 10 things that you make you, YOU
- 10 things you liked to do as a young child
- 10 things that worry you
- 10 accomplishments in your life
- Did you discover anything new about yourself from doing this activity? If so, what?
- Did you find it challenging to write about yourself? If so, why?
Turn your 10 things into a list poem by adding a few poetic devices – such as imagery, simile, metaphor, repetition, or rhyme. If you would like to learn more about poetic devices, check out this video series: Red Room Poetry Object Poetic Devices.