- Mental Wellness 🧠
- Spiritual Wellness 🙏
- Physical Wellness ⚽
- Grade 4-6
- Grade 7-9
Box breathing, also known as square breathing, is a deep breathing technique that can be used to calm the body and the mind.
Increase awareness of the connection between your physical body and your mind.
- Video: Box Breathing
- Watch the video Box Breathing to learn about the box breathing technique.
- Using your finger, draw a box in the air and run through the technique in your mind.
- Before you start, notice how you feel in your body, mind, heart, and spirit.
- When you are ready, start the box breathing pattern. Try to repeat the pattern for a sustained period of 5 minutes.
- When you are finished your breathing period, take notice of how you feel in your body, heart, mind and spirit.
- How did you feel before doing this exercise? How do you feel after? What changes did you notice in your body, heart, mind and spirit?
- How could you use this breathing technique in the future? In what situations?
You might also like to try this starfish breathing technique.