- Physical Wellness ⚽
- Grade 4-6
- Grade 7-9
Physical activity is a key component of wellness. Even short bursts of exercise can increase mental alertness and improve our mood. This musically inspired fitness challenge involves doing the up and down movements of a chosen exercise to the song “Flower” by Moby.
Build muscular strength and endurance through holding specific body positions.
- Bring Sally Up video slideshow
- Choose one or two of the following challenges from the slideshow to do:
- squat challenge
- plank to downward dog challenge
- elbow plank to full plank challenge
- leg raise challenge
- half push-up to full push-up challenge (advanced)
- Once you have chosen a challenge, start the video and follow along to the song.
- These exercises are challenging. Do the best you can. Your body will get stronger with practice. If you get tired, give yourself a short break and then try to continue on until the song is over.
- Make sure to take a 3–5 minute break before starting your second challenge!
- How did you do? Did you find this challenge easy, moderately difficult, or very difficult?
- can you do in the next week to improve your level of physical activity?
- In what ways did you challenge yourself in doing this activity?