- Spiritual Wellness 🙏
- Mental Wellness 🧠
- Grade 4-6
- Grade 7-9
Writing a letter to your future self is a helpful tool for reflecting on what is important to you now. Your letter will also help you to set some intentions that will guide you into your future.
Reflect on what is important to you in the present and what you want for your future self.
- Writing utensil
- Write a letter to your future self – 5 years from the age that you are now. You are the only person that will ever read this letter. You can draw pictures, highlight key words, include an encouraging quote, or anything else that you would like to share with your future self. Take care to make sure that you are being supportive to your future self in your letter.
- Consider the following questions:
- What kind of person would you be?
- What goals would you want to have achieved?
- Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years?
- What is important to you now that you want your future self to remember?
- What advice do you want to give yourself?
- When you think you have said all that you need to say to your future self, fold your letter and tuck it into an envelope.
- Be sure to keep your letter somewhere safe so that in 5 years you can read what your younger self had to say to you!
- What parts of your personal identity are the same from 5 years ago? What parts have changed?
- What parts of your personal identity do you want to hold onto as you grow older?