- Physical Wellness ⚽
- Mental Wellness 🧠
- Grade 4-6
- Grade 7-9
Sleep hygiene refers to practices and habits that can help improve the quality of your sleep. Quality Sleep is a vital contributor to physical and mental health and well-being. Sleep is important because it gives the body and mind time to rest and repair to be able to be ready for another day. Your behaviors during the day, and especially before bedtime, can have a major impact on your sleep.
Examine your sleep hygiene and consider ways that you can improve the quality of your sleep to promote mental and physical wellness.
- Complete the sleep survey.
- Reflect on your responses. What do you notice?
- Look at the Sleep and Teens poster.
- With a friend or classmate, share 3 good habits you have for sleep hygiene.
- With a friend or classmate, brainstorm 2 or more strategies that you could implement into your routine to improve your sleep hygiene.
- Have you noticed how your sleep habits impact other parts of life, such as your eating habits, mood, energy level, or your ability to learn?
- What can you do differently to change any of your habits to improve the quality of your sleep? What can you add in the next week? What do you need to do away with?