- Spiritual Wellness 🙏
- Mental Wellness 🧠
- Grade 4-6
Animal totems are an important part of many Indigenous cultures and are highlighted in the 7 Sacred Teachings. Learning about animals and their unique characteristics can help us to understand ourselves and others.
- Reflect on the different animals that you identify with.
- Read or listen to the story “Sometimes I Feel Like a Fox”.
- Reflect on some of the different animals that you feel connected to. What are the characteristics of those animals?
- Write your own version of the story “Sometimes I Feel Like a Fox” by copying the text structure of the story. Use the outline below for guidance.
- Make sure to draw a picture to go with your story!
Sometimes I feel like a _________________ (name of animal)
_______________ and _________________(two adjectives that describe the animal)
I _____________________________ (one sentence that describes something that this animal does.
and _______________________________. (second part of sentence that describes something that the animal does.
- What animal would you choose as your personal totem? Explain why this animal is a good visual for who you are.
- How is this animal a good role model for you in your life? What does it teach you?